Capturing [Y]our Europe photo competition
In celebration of its 25th anniversary, the European Committee of the Regions invites young people between 18 and 30 years old to showcase their photographic skills and to "capture" Europe in their regions.
Who can apply
- young people between 18 and 30 years old (as of 1 May 2019);
- resident in one of the 28 Member States of the European Union.
How to apply
- entrants need to answer the question "How do you feel the presence of the EU where you live?" in two pictures: the first photograph will represent the EU's impact in their region, the second will represent their hope for the future or what/how the EU could do better;
- provide a title for each of the two photographs and a single brief description of both (150 words maximum) in entrants' mother tongue (a self-translation to English is encouraged);
- send the pictures in .jpg format to YFactor.Contest@cor.europa.eu
- the minimum picture resolution is 2400 pixels x 1700 pixels, 4MP;
- the sum of both pictures cannot exceed 20 MB.
- there will be two winners: one selected by the public, for the Public's Prize, and one selected by a jury, for the Jury's Prize;
- both winners will receive an invitation to the catered opening of the "Capturing [Y]our Europe Photo Exhibition", which will take place in Brussels from 26 to 28 June 2019 (accommodation and travel expenses shall be provided for by the Committee of the Regions);
- winners may also be able to attend the 2019 June Plenary Session of the European Committee of the Regions and take part in debates on the future of the European Union;
- all shortlisted photographs will be exhibited in a three-day public event in Brussels.
Deadline: 31st May 2019, 16:00 (Brussels time, UTC+2).
The winners will be selected and announced in June 2019 and notified by email.
Find out more here