Erasmus+Sport: Not-for-profit European sport events
This is an EU funding for organisations or public bodies to organise major Europe-wide sports events, involving partners or sportspeople from participating countries, promoting volunteering in sport, social inclusion through sport; gender equality in sport, health-enhancing physical activity and the implementation of the European Week of Sport.
This Action provides financial support for
- the organisation of European-wide sport events organised in one Programme Country;
- national events -organised simultaneously in several Programme Countries by organisations or public bodies active in the field of sport. The expected results of these events are:
- increased awareness as regards the role of sport in promoting social inclusion, equal opportunities and health-enhancing physical activity;
- increased participation in sport, physical activity and voluntary activity.
- preparation of the event;
- organisation of educational activities for athletes, coaches, organisers and volunteers in the run-up to the event;
- organisation of the event;
- organisation of side-activities to the sporting event (conferences, seminars);
- implementation of legacy activities (evaluations, drafting of future plans);
- communication activities linked to the topic of the event.
Activities not eligible under this action
- sport competitions regularly organised by international, European or national sport federations/leagues on an annual basis;
- professional sport competitions.
Who can apply
Any public body or organisation, with its affiliated entities (if any), active in the field of sport, established in a Programme Country: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Serbia and Turkey.
- public body in charge of sport at local, regional or national level;
- sport organisation at local, regional, national, European or international level;
- coordinator of a national event organised in the framework of a European event in the field of sport.
Eligible events and participants
- European-wide sport events organised in one country must involve participants to the event from at least 10 different Programme Countries or
- Sport events organised simultaneously in several Programme Countries must involve participants to the events from at least 10 different Programme Countries.
Duration of the project
Up to one year (from preparation of the event to its follow-up).
The event must take place during the following year, any time till 31st October.
Maximum grant awarded
- 300.000 EUR, for not-for-profit European sport events organised during the European Week of Sport;
- 500.000 EUR, for not-for-profit European sport events not related to the European Week of Sport.
Maximum of 80% financing of the total eligible costs.
Applications should be submitted to the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency by 4th April 2019, 12:00 midday Brussels time, for projects starting on 1st November of thesame year.
For further support please check the Erasmus+ programme or contact the national agency in your country.
Individuals seeking to apply should contact their organisation, institution, or educational establishment.