Based in Paris (France), the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) is an independent EU Authority that contributes to safeguarding the stability of the European Union's financial system by enhancing the protection of investors and promoting stable and orderly financial markets.
It offers 6-12 months long paid traineeships to European students and graduates in different departments such as: Corporate Affairs Department (Risk & Control team, Communications team) or Senior management team (Accounting team), Resources department (teams: HR, Finance & Procurement, Facility Management, ICT and Planning & Reporting).
Work can include research, contributing to reports, compiling statistical data, performing operational tasks and participating in ad hoc studies and projects.
Who can apply
- applicants need to be national of a Member State of the European Union or the European Economic Area (EEA);
- must have a good knowledge of English;
- graduate applicants need to have completed the first cycle of a higher education course and obtained a university degree or its equivalent (bachelor degree);
- undergraduate applicants need to have an official declaration from the relevant university.
How to apply
- ESMA`s vacancies are published on their e-recruitment website
- candidates should send their applications for the open vacancies using the e-recruitment tool
- traineeship vacancies are continuously open, applications are revised on a regular basis, and evaluated only when a trainee position is available in ESMA budget.
Find more information here.