European Week of Regions and Cities Master Class University on EU Cohesion Policy
The European Commission's Directorate-General for Regional & Urban Policy (DG REGIO), the EU Committee of the Regions (CoR), the Regional Studies Association (RSA), in cooperation with the European Regional Science Association (ERSA), and the Association of European Schools of Planning (AESOP) are inviting PHD students and early career researchers interested in European Cohesion Policy to participate in the 7th Master Class on EU Cohesion Policy that will be held from 6th to 10 th October 2019 in Brussels, Belgium, as part of the 17 European Week of Regions and Cities.
The European Week of Regions and Cities is a networking platform bringing together regions and cities from all over Europe and beyond, providing thousands of local, regional, national and European decision-makers and experts with a marketplace for exchanging and discussing projects and issues related to regional and local development.
It offers participants an opportunity to showcase their capacity for creating growth and jobs and implementing European Union cohesion policy.
Who can apply
- PhD students;
- early career researchers within 5 years of finishing their PhD on 1st May 2019.
How to apply
- participants should submit their application form by 1st May 2019, 16.00 CET.
- an academic reference in support of your application must be sent separately by the referee to Klara Sobekova at firstname.lastname@example.org
- applications must be accompanied by abstracts of papers to be developed in one of these themes:
- The Future of the EU and the roles of the Regions and Cities;
- A Europe Closer to Citizens;
- A Greener Europe.
- successful participants will need to submit their full paper with a maximum of 3,000 words by 11th September 2019.
30 students from the EU Member States and some non-EU countries will be invited to attend the Master Class.
They will have their travel and accommodation covered by the organisers.
They are expected to attend the full programme and to engage actively in all aspects of the Master Class.
Find out more here.