Faces2Hearts vlogging competition
The 2019 Faces2Hearts Competition will select 20 vloggers to travel in pairs for one month between July 2019 and April 2020 in one of the following destinations: Argentina, Bhutan, Cape Verde, Jamaica, Myanmar, Namibia, Pakistan, Paraguay, Sierra Leone and The Gambia.
A local vlogger and a European vlogger will be paired to discover communities beyond faces, reveal compelling stories and report on how the European Union is changing people’s lives for the better.
The Competition is organised by the European Commission’s Directorate-General for International Cooperation and Development (DG DEVCO).
Who can apply
- you have to be between 22 and 35 years old;
- EU Member States residents are eligible - 10 will be selected;
- residents of the following countries are eligible: Argentina, Bhutan, Cape Verde, Jamaica, Myanmar, Namibia, Pakistan, Paraguay, Sierra Leone and The Gambia - one will be selected per each.
- the selected winners will be invited to Brussels for workshops and promotions of Faces2Hearts before and during the European Development Days on 18 and 19 June 2019 and in June 2020 (their travels and accommodations will be paid);
- during their month of travelling, they will get paid 3000 euros and their travels from the origin country to the local country will be covered.
How to apply
- in order to apply for the competition, candidates need to fill in the application form, record and upload a video, share their favourite photos, and write an article to showcase their story-telling skills;
- 40 applicants will be pre-selected;
- shortlisted applicants will be a part of the public competition during which they will need to share their entry video and gather as many votes from the public as possible;
- an international jury composed by a European Commission official, previous Faces2Hearts bloggers, video expert and campaign partners will take the final decision (the number of public votes will be one of the criteria for final selection).
Deadline: 27th May 2019, 11:59 PM CEST.
The 20 winners will be announced at the end of May 2019.
Find out more: https://www.faces2hearts.eu