Financial support for European environmental organisations
The Commission aims to promote non-governmental organisations (NGOs) which are primarily active in the field of environmental protection under the Financial Instrument for the Environment - LIFE +. This should strengthen the participation of NGOs in the dialogue process in environmental policy-making and in its implementation.
Support may be provided to NGO's which are involved in contributing to the development and implementation of Community environmental policy and legislation in different regions in Europe.
Contributions would be towards the costs that European environmental NGOs have to bear in carrying out the activities provided for in their 2014 annual work programme.
The main focus of the proposed work programme should relate to one or more of the following thematic objectives:
- Protect, conserve and enhance the Union’s natural capital
- Turn the Union into a resource-efficient, green and competitive low-carbon economy
- Safeguard the Union’s citizens from environment-related pressures and risks to health and wellbeing
- In addition, proposals which address the following annual priorities will be given special consideration: Waste and Climate change mitigation and adaptation
NGO's wishing to apply need to:
- be independent, non-profit-making, and active at European level in at least three European countries,
- be legally established in a EU Member States
- be legally constituted for more than two years
The Commissions' support will not exceed 70 % of the applicant's eligible expenses for the grant year.
For more information please read the 2014 call for proposals.
Deadline: was 15 October 2013.
We will keep you informed when a new call is published.