Graphic Design Internship
With a network of national coordinators connected to over 1,500 local information providers and partners in 36 European countries, Eurodesk is the main source of information on European policies and opportunities for young people and those who work with them. Eurodesk Brussels Link coordinates the activities of national partners, who operates within the EU’s new Programme Erasmus +. The network also updates and manages content on the European Youth Portal.
About the internship
Eurodesk Brussels Link is seeking a graphic design intern. The intern will assist the communication manager in carrying out communication campaigns and turning concepts into visual assets. Proposed length of the internship is six (6) months, and it will be based in the Eurodesk Brussels Link office.
- Designing layouts for publications
- Contributing to the creation of promotional and communication materials for campaigns;
- Assisting in designing visual assets such as posters, banners, flyers etc;
- Creating visual assets for social media (social videos, gifs, pictures);
- Taking photos at events, and editing them;
- Recording and editing videos for promotional and educational purposes;
- Other duties as directed by the director of the office.
Profile and skills required
- An academic background in communication, graphic design or equivalent is requested;
- Good writing/editing skills in English;
- Excellent visual skills with a lot of creativity;
- Good knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop;
- Interest in youth policy and youth related issues;
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, international environment;
- Have a valid work permit for Belgium.
An agreement will be made according to the Belgian Convention d’immersion professionelle contract. The trainee receives a monthly allowance. The traineeship is on a full time basis in line with the regular working hours of Eurodesk Brussels Link (38h/week).
Interested applicants should please send their CV, a concise application letter (max. 1 page) in English and their portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A pre-selection on-line test will take place 10 &11 August 2020. Please note that only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
Short-listed candidates should be available between 09h00 – 12h00 to receive and finalise the test on the 10 or 11 August 2020.
Interviews will take place on 13 & 14 August 2020 in Brussels or online.
The successful candidate should be available to start work on the 1 September 2020.