Internship programme at the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
This internship programme is aimed at graduate students and is available at the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights - OHCHR.
United Nations internships are not remunerated. Travel costs and living expenses must be met by the interns themselves or by a sponsoring institution. Interns are responsible for making their own travel arrangements and for obtaining visas.
The aim of the internship is to:
a) increase the intern's understanding of current human rights issues at the international level and give an insight into the work of the United Nations and OHCHR in particular;
b) provide OHCHR and the United Nations Human Rights mechanisms with the assistance and contribution of outstanding students or graduates.
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation;
- Be able to obtain the necessary visa and to arrange your travel to the United Nations;
- Be able to cover the costs of travel, accommodation, as well as living expenses of the internship (approx. 1.800 chf/month);
- If selected, be able to prove valid medical insurance coverage for your stay in Switzerland, provide a medical certificate stating that you are in good health and prove your enrolment in graduate studies;
- be able to communicate fluently in English.
Available positions are posted here.