Internships at the EU Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA)
The EU Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA) offers paid internships for a period of minimum three and a maximum of twelve months starting on 1st October 2018 and 1st March 2019.
The Internships scheme aims at providing trainees with work experience in the administration of co-operation in the field of fundamental rights at the European level in order to gain an insight into FRA's objectives and activities, and to put their learning into practice.
The aims of the internships are:
- to provide an understanding of the objectives and activities of FRA
- to enable trainees to acquire practical experience and knowledge of the day-to-day work of FRA Units and services
- to enable trainees to put into practice knowledge acquired during their studies, or professional careers
- to allow trainees to contribute to the agency's mission.
- participants are nationals from EU Member States, EU candidate and potential candidate countries
- trainees must have completed the first cycle of a higher education course (i.e. university education) and obtained a full degree or its equivalent no longer than 18 months by the closing date for applications
- candidates must have very good knowledge of English and another EU language. Candidates from candidate countries must have very good knowledge of English
- candidates should not have had any kind of training or employment within an EU institution or body
Internships are offered in the following FRA departments:
- Director’s office;
- Corporate Services;
- Equality and Citizens’ Rights;
- Freedoms and Justice;
- Fundamental Rights Promotion.
Trainees are awarded a monthly grant corresponding to one quarter of the grade AD5-step1. Disabled trainees may receive a supplement to their grant equal to a maximum of 50% of the amount of the grant.
Deadline: 3 May 2018, at 13.00 CET
All detailed information can be found here: http://fra.europa.eu/en/about-fra/recruitment/traineeship