Plural+ Youth Video Festival
PLURAL+ festival is a platform for young people to express themselves on key migration and diversity issues and reinforce the belief that youth are powerful and creative agents of social change in the world. The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations together with the International Organisation for Migration have launched a call for youth participation in Plural+ Youth Video Festival, inviting the world’s youth to submit original and creative videos focusing on PLURAL+ themes: migration, diversity, social inclusion, and the prevention of xenophobia.
Who can participate?
- Young people up to 25 years old.
- Multiple youth may work together to make one video, as long as all members of the group are maximum 25 years of age.
PLURAL+ is organized into three age categories:
- up to 12 years old
- 13 to 17 years old and
- 18 to 25 years old.
How to participate
- The video can be done in any style or genre – animation, documentary, drama, music video, comedy etc. – whatever you decide best represents what you think about migration and diversity.
- Videos must be maximum 5 minutes long, including title and end credits.
- Videos must have been completed after 31 December 2018 and, if not in English, must have English subtitles. - Preferably all videos should be submitted as a file (preferably as “.mov”) via a file hosting website like dropbox.com, WeTransfer, Google Drive, etc. Entrants may also choose to mail a DVD of the entry to PLURAL+ mailing address.
For DVD submissions please check the competition rules.
An international jury will award prizes in three age-based categories: up to 12, 13 to 17, 18 to 25 years old.
One representative of each PLURAL+ International Jury Award winner will be invited to New York, with airfare and hotel accommodation paid, to present their work at the PLURAL+ Awards Ceremony in Morocco.
Find out more: http://pluralplus.unaoc.org