YO!Fest 2020 Emerging Bands Contest
YO!Fest is the annual youth festival organised by the European Youth Forum that combines high-level political debates, thematic workshops, educational activities, live music and artistic performances creating a unique, fun and meaningful experience of participation.
This year's edition will be held from 29-30 of May 2020 in Strasbourg, France.
The European Youth Forum and Jeunesses Musicales International, are inviting all European emerging bands to apply and have the chance to perform at YO!Fest 2020!
Who can apply
Bands with maximum 8 members coming from:
- European Union member countries;
- EU candidate countries (Albania, FYROM, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey);
- EFTA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland);
- the average age of the band members should not exceed 26 (no members may be over 30 years old);
- bands should play a genre that is accessible to a wide variety of people.
The YO!Fest jury will pick 2-4 winning bands to perform as opening acts for YO!Fest.
- The winning bands will get the travel to/from Strasbourg (France), local transport, accommodation and food covered, plus €50 per band member.
- Each winner will have a 30 minutes performance at YO!Fest 2020 (there are different time slots and bands will be placed accordingly);
- The winners will be announced in April by email and/or by telephone.
- Bands are expected to arrive in Strasbourg on the 28th of May, perform on the 29th or 30th and depart on the 1st of June.
Entries should be submitted by 1st March 2019, with band's info, music and links.
Find out more here.